Date(s) - 24/03/2020
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
This course covers the year end procedures necessary in FMS specifically for maintained schools.
Before the year end there are a number of areas that need consideration to assist with the smooth closure of the account, these include:
- orders and commitments
- invoices and credit notes
- petty cash, income and journals
- retained earnings, balances and carry forward figures
- the new year chart of accounts
- production of the CFR (if required).
This course is intended for staff with responsibilities for financial procedures in maintained schools only and delegates should have a good working knowledge of FMS.
It is essential before undertaking any year end processes in FMS that you have read and understood all necessary guidance from the local authority. This course will cover the areas of FMS that are needed for smooth closure of accounts including:
- creating the new financial year
- modifying the chart of accounts
- transaction processing
- new year budget
- year end reports
- preliminary close downs
- final closure of accounts
- producing the consistent financial report (CFR) if required.
This course costs £150 per attendee. £180 non-customers, (lunch will be provided)
Customers with Cygnet support contracts can use their training credits against this course.
We request you provide details of your authorising manager, we will then inform them of your booking along with sending any invoice that may be applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking a course place prior to attendance is essential in order for us to prepare sufficient training materials and to make appropriate venue booking and catering arrangements.
- All applications for course places are made online at www.cygnet-it.org Courses can be browsed on this site without the need to log in. Once they have completed the application process, their request will be emailed to the authorising manager. If authorised, the application will then proceed, and the staff member will be added to the register for the course.
- All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com no less than 24 hours before the start of the event/course; otherwise, the full course fee will apply at the standard rate.
- Courses may occasionally be cancelled when the minimum number of applications required have not been received. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible of any such cancellation via email to everyone who has submitted an application for a place on that course.
- Every effort is made to ensure the quality of our training courses, including content, presenters and materials. All participants will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
- If applicable your establishment will be invoiced for course places as soon as possible after the course has taken place.
Request a place
Bookings are closed for this event.