Date(s) - 11/11/2019
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Capita SIMS Discover is a valuable analysis tool for displaying data as a series of predefined graphs which can be adapted for analysis. This course will introduce new users to the Discover tool and provide the necessary training to create a range of graphs.
There are no pre-requisites- this knowledge has been designed assuming you have no previous knowledge of SIMS Discover.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of the relationship between Discover and SIMS.
You will learn how to:
- Create and manipulate graphs using the Discover interface
- Look at the range and scope of the pre-defined Discover graphs
- Manipulate the pre-defined graphs by using data from one graph to filter another
- Change the graph size, save, share and copy graphs
- Combine data from multiple graphs to create Venn diagrams
- Create Dynamic Discover groups (groups of pupils based on criteria defined when saved), which will send alerts when the membership of these groups change
- Look at how these groups can be used in SIMS i.e Attendance and Assessment
- Manage the transfer of data from SIMS to Discover using the Discover Utility Tool.
* This course assumes that Discover has already been installed in your school.
This course costs £100 per attendee.
Customers with Cygnet support contracts can use their training credits against this course.
We request you provide details of your authorising manager, we will then inform them of your booking along with sending any invoice that may be applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking a course place prior to attendance is essential in order for us to prepare sufficient training materials and to make appropriate venue booking and catering arrangements.
- All applications for course places are made online at www.cygnet-it.org Courses can be browsed on this site without the need to log in. Once they have completed the application process, their request will be emailed to authorising manager. If authorised, the application will then proceed, and the staff member will be added to the register for the course.
- All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com no less than 24 hours before the start of the event/course; otherwise the full course fee will apply at the standard rate.
- Courses may occasionally be cancelled when the minimum number of applications required have not been received. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible of any such cancellation via email to everyone who has submitted an application for a place on that course.
- Every effort is made to ensure the quality of our training courses, including content, presenters and materials. All participants will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
- If applicable your establishment will be invoiced for course places as soon as possible after the course has taken place.
Request a place
Bookings are closed for this event.