Date(s) - 25/09/2019
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This course is aimed at school office staff and follows on from the Standard Office User course.
To have completed the Standard Office User course or have a basic knowledge of SIMS.
By the end of the course you will have the skills necessary to complete extended requests from support staff, teachers and parents. Update Ethnicity, First Language and pupil data ie Traveller status, Young Carer, Disabilities etc. Investigate the new routines for Bulk Delete Pupil Data and Change Enrolment Status. Import and Export a CTF using the CTF matching tool facility and add other schools to SIMS. Record leavers as a individual and as a group, record new agents and agencies and link to existing pupils. Understand how to enter a Fixed Term and Permanent exclusion as this information is collected in the school census. Manage the school diary for events and inset days, create a private personal task in the diary and update the pastoral structure. Create User Defined groups and fields and learn their functionality. Use general housekeeping routines to regular update and cleanse data. Look at setting up Medication is SIMS, enter expiry dates and then setup an alert to notify you before they expire. Use the Bulk Update routine to update Parental Consent and then export this information to Excel.
This course costs £100 per attendee.
Customers with Cygnet support contracts can use their training credits against this course.
We request you provide details of your authorising manager, we will then inform them of your booking along with sending any invoice that may be applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking a course place prior to attendance is essential in order for us to prepare sufficient training materials and to make appropriate venue booking and catering arrangements.
- All applications for course places are made online at www.cygnet-it.org Courses can be browsed on this site without the need to log in. Once they have completed the application process, their request will be emailed to authorising manager. If authorised, the application will then proceed, and the staff member will be added to the register for the course.
- All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com no less than 24 hours before the start of the event/course; otherwise the full course fee will apply at the standard rate.
- Courses may occasionally be cancelled when the minimum number of applications required have not been received. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible of any such cancellation via email to everyone who has submitted an application for a place on that course.
- Every effort is made to ensure the quality of our training courses, including content, presenters and materials. All participants will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
- If applicable your establishment will be invoiced for course places as soon as possible after the course has taken place.
Request a place
Bookings are closed for this event.