Date(s) - 21/11/2023
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
BTS House, Wallington
This course introduces you to the report designing process in SIMS with the objective of being able to extract useful information from the pupil database in a variety of formats.
You must be familiar with the day to day use of SIMS, the range of data which is stored within the database and how that data is entered and maintained.
By the end of the course you will be able to produce lists of information on all areas of a pupil record through the Student List area, experiment with Rename, Nest, Remove, Blank and Photo options. Explore how a report is designed before modifying existing pre-defined reports then learn how to create new ones. Produce mail merged address labels and mail merged letters in Word, apply Rules and Styles. Learn how to apply filters and when to use them to acquire different information. Look at the difference between preview and running reports and changes that can be made. Create new reports to output to Excel and Basic Analysis.
Your trainer for this session will be Katherine Segura Harvey
You may wish to consider attending:
This course costs £100 per attendee.
Customers with Cygnet support contracts can use their training credits against this course.
We request you provide details of your authorising manager, we will then inform them of your booking along with sending any invoice that may be applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking a course place prior to attendance is essential in order for us to prepare sufficient training materials and to make appropriate venue booking and catering arrangements.
- All applications for course places are made online at www.cygnet-it.org Courses can be browsed on this site without the need to log in. Once they have completed the application process, their request will be emailed to authorising manager. If authorised, the application will then proceed, and the staff member will be added to the register for the course.
- All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com no less than 24 hours before the start of the event/course; otherwise the full course fee will apply at the standard rate.
- Courses may occasionally be cancelled when the minimum number of applications required have not been received. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible of any such cancellation via email to everyone who has submitted an application for a place on that course.
- Every effort is made to ensure the quality of our training courses, including content, presenters and materials. All participants will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
- If applicable your establishment will be invoiced for course places as soon as possible after the course has taken place.